Buying a house can be a stressful time. If you are a first time buyer, an experienced purchaser or an investor, the process is intricate and can be complicated as well as drawn out.
With this in mind, it is essential that you seek assistance from an experienced solicitor specialising in property. Otherwise buying a house is a large risk that can result in a multitude of legal problems.
It is useful to understand the various stages of buying a house which solicitors call, the conveyancing process.
What are the stages of buying a house?
- Search for a property
- Complete your mortgage application and obtain approval
- Arrange a viewing at the property of your choice. It is better to view the property a number of times and at different times of the day
- Make an offer
- The sale gets agreed
- Find an experienced solicitor specialising in property
- Commission a survey, depending on the type of property you are buying, discuss the options: a Home Buyer’s Report or Full Structural Survey
- Mortgage valuation by Lender which is to confirm the property is worth the money you are lent by the mortgage lender
- The conveyancing process runs parallel to the various surveys being conducted. There are a multitude of checks that we must carry out to satisfy your Lender that the seller actually owns the property and, we examine the legal title to the property, to ensure that it does not include any adverse conditions which might affect your enjoyment of the house. We liaise with the seller’s solicitor to obtain as much information about the property as we can.
- When all investigations have been completed you will sign the mortgage documents and the contract to purchase.
- We exchange contracts and agree a completion/moving date.
- Completion takes place on the date agreed in the contract
With the help of our expert team, the process of buying a house can run smoothly from start to finish. On the Completion/Moving day, we deal with all the necessary legal formalities to ensure that you are able to concentrate on the move and enjoy your new home.
How can our specialist Solicitors help?
We are able to provide advice and support based on our years of experience in transferring thousands of houses. With the help of our expert team, the process of buying a house can run smoothly from start to finish. On the completion day, we will deal with all the necessary legal formalities to ensure that you are able to concentrate on the move and enjoy your new house.
Want to find out more?
At James McNulty & Co. Solicitors, we understand the issues and concerns that arise with the complexity of buying a house. We can assure you that our expert team of Conveyancing Solicitors are able to provide you with the assistance you need, providing you with support every step of the way.
If you have any questions, do not hesitate to call us on 02882242177 or email email@example.com, or alternatively, you can fill out our contact form.
You can download our booklet on Moving Home here https://www.jamesmcnulty.co.uk/legal-services/residential-property/